02 January 2008

Welcome, welcome

Please make yourselves comfortable.

It's a New Year so I decided to make a new blog. I thought the name was very fitting in a cheeky way.

I was at work the other day and I said to another co-worker, "Look I really don't mean to be a bitch, it just happens naturally....so if you could just get this stuff done I wouldn't have to do what comes naturally to me and you wouldn't have to listen to me bitch because honey, it only gets worse from here” He was laughing his ass off and did what I needed.

Later on I was thinking about my other blog and realised why I don't post. I always think, "Well I have nothing to post about" I will sit at the computer staring at the blank screen. I'll check my bank account, research something, work on something else and then come back to it....nothing. I realised over the last few weeks that I have a lot to say about everyday things that happen, whether it be from work, or at the grocery store, where ever. I can say it here anyway I want. I am funny when I don't have to worry about holding back. Not that I usually care mind you but there are times when tact has to be used.

Like today for instance, I had a particular customer whom I wanted to shove an entire entree up her ass. That would not be nice, now would it? Considering she was older than God and as deaf as door knob. This didn't however stop her from having the biggest bitchfest the planet has seen in a long while. Personally I thought perhaps she should have died about 20 years ago, but then that is just one woman's opinion.

Now you may think I am cruel because she was an elderly lady but personally I don't give a shit. This woman forgot she asked for the breast portion of the chicken (which is more) she forgot she asked for a baked potato, I believe at one point she forgot where she was. Being the soft spoken girl that I am, I was able to call her every name under the sun and she didn't hear me. Lucky that eh?

Needless to say, she tipped me a quarter, which I gave back to her, telling her she gave me too much for the bill.....she believed me. She probably forgot she even paid the fucking bill *rolls eyes*

Now see how tactfully I handled that situation?? Oh no, you don't see? Well actually her companion read "babysitter" yelled everything into her ear and when she complained about something babysitter would yell to her, "Yes you order the baked potato, yes you wanted water...yes you wanted whatever" I just looked at the babysitter like, "she's yours, well aren’t you lucky??"

Just remember people always be nice to the people who are serving you your dinner/lunch/breakfast. It's foolish to be condescending to us, we have the ability to spit in your food and you would never be the wiser!!

Happy dining!!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

This is why I'm always nice to my servers. Even when they are complete morons.

Sheri said...

Chuck: Welcome! I love comments even ones that are supposed to make me feel stupid or you superior.

Obviously you don't know me and don't realise this post is a sattire of where I work.

I am a very good server thankyouverymuch and am very proud of that fact actually. I would never spit in anybody's food. Again, a joke.

I do not work in a dump, I work in a nice, clean restaurant where we wouldn't do that sort of thing. This isn't some restaurant featured on Maury!

I would never be nice to my server if they were a moron, incompetant or rude. I would ask for a manager and not pay for my meal. You're the customer/guest. - simple as that.

Again, thanks for the visit/post.